Having Trouble Completing Some Verizon 804 Calls?
Pictured below is Verizon’s Grace Street central office at 703 East Grace Steet in Richmond, Virginia. This building houses a switch called a “Tandem”. It’s the core switch for carrier to carrier calling within the 804 area code. It also handles local operator functions and directory assistance. If this big switch is having issues, all of the 804 area code is affected.
How does the problem appear?
- You can not complete a call from an 804 number to another 804 number with a different provider.
- You have one-way audio from an 804 number to another 804 number with a different provider.
- Calls within the same carrier are not affected such as calling from 804 Comcast to 804 Comcast.
- Long distance calling is not affected
Examples we have verified in 804 area code
- You have Comcast voice service and you can’t reach someone with Verizon or Windstream landline voice service.
- You have Windstream voice service and you can’t reach someone with Verizon landline voice service.
- You have Tmobile wireless and can’t reach Verizon wireless.
Follow Infotel Systems on Twitter for real time alerts.
Read about a similar call completion problem affecting rural america