Server Room Specs
- Tile floor to reduce static.
- Drop ceilings
- 4″ conduit raceways between floors
- Plywood backboard across entire wall if practical furthest from the door or at least a 4′ x 8′ sheet of plywood. Obey fire codes by using fire rated plywood and paint if required.
- Install a temperature and humidity gauge.
- Temperature between 50 and 75 degrees. Humidity between 35% and 60%. Monitor this.
- Local AC units can NOT be above the computer rack. Put them above the door so defective units drip on the humans as they walk in the door.
- Consult with AC professional for required BTU’s cooling for your server room based on generated equipment heat. See table below.
Examples -Actual load may vary
|1 Person working in room||117||400|
Power & Ground
- (2) 15 amp circuits with dedicated ground mounted 18″ from ceiling and 18″ from floor behind rack.
- A ground wire conforming to National Electrical Code (NEC) code exists, runs down the plywood back board, across ladder rack and is tied to the rack.
- All grounding in building must conform to NEC. Focus on bonding all separate grounds to a common ground point at the electrical panel. ONE COMMON GROUND POINT!
- AC panel installed surge protection across your hot water heater or other 220 volt device. We have these available.
19″ x 84″ Tall Computer Rack
- Must be perpendicular to side wall and against side wall.
- Have 36″ of room behind rack.
- In rear of room.
- Ladder is tied to plywood backboard
or 8U wall rack
- Against side wall mounted to plywood.
- Centered at 60″ above floor