The Infotel Six Step Troubleshooting Method: “CCLLFF“
Inspired from a US Navy repair manual, this is our customer communication and repair process to maintain “Perfect Installs, Uncommon Reliability.”
The First Three Steps Use Your Mind:
- Clarify – Witness issue first hand. Be a “Fair Witness.” Document the system in words or pictures.
- Changed – What changed in your environment at the time of the system failure? Use the principal of “Occam’s Razor.”
- List – List probable faults and agree on what is not the problem. Divide and conquer.
*** EVERYONE MUST AGREE UPON THE FIRST THREE STEPS BEFORE TAKING ACTION ***
The Last Three Steps Use Your Hands:
- Localize – Eliminate from your list. What remains is the solution to your problem.
- Fix it – Apply the above solution.
- Failure analysis – Fix for good by finding and correcting the root cause of the failures. (e.g. We replaced the blown fuse but why did it blow in the first place?)
This content and “CCLLFF” is copyright (c) Infotel Systems 2017. We are available for training this method to your technology team.