We Own and Operate our Own Data Center to Ensure Customer Uptime
We are a provider of core mission critical IT services. We support the same services we use ourselves to deliver a sophisticated data center hosted VoIP product. Our core IT mission is to deliver constant up-time for your business.
To do this we focus on front-end
- Design to exceed industry specs
- Execution. Customer quality checklist are required.
and three preventive maintenance tasks:
- Backup of your data, Internet, system configurations and diagnostic logs
- Security against Internet and physical human threats
- 24/7 Monitoring of all your servers, routers, switches and connectivity
We believe that data backup is just as important as Internet security. We follow the industry “3-2-1″backup rule.
- Three backups: your original data, a local backup and a near offsite backup.
- Two different media such as your hard drive and a NAS.
- One backup is offsite.
We operate backup servers in our Richmond data center and can deliver a copy back to you much faster than you could download it from a national backup firm. We believe in your peace of mind. With Infotel you always know where your backups exist, and we provide restore testing once a quarter.
Internet and Physical Security
All of our customers receive multi-layered security through the multiple Internet paths that operate our data center. We know our products are secure because we use them for our own data and IT service. We also use third party vetting of our security setups. We hire professional companies to hack our installs. It’s that important.
Finally, we install web cameras for physical security monitoring. Web camera installation ensures that all Infotel technicians are insurance bonded, finger-printed, and registered with Virginia Department of Criminal and Justice Services.
We operate a 24/7 data center that processes over half a million voice, fax, email, and text messages per day. From our data center, we are the first to see Internet attacks and failures that with other IT providers go undetected for hours. We have a several layers of monitoring equipment with dedicated alerts to notify us in the event of any issue.
In this center we have the capacity and expertise to operate over:
- 40 physical routers
- 50 discrete servers and 50 virtual servers (SQL, Terminal, Exchange, File, Linux , Domain Controller, Application)
- 12 core switches
- Commercial fiber Internet and consumer Internet from Verizon, Windstream, Comcast, and Level3
Tips for Improving IT Service:
- Challenge us: Ask us to restore a file from data backup you deliberately erased.
- Perform minor inspections: We offer training on how to check status lights and/or reboot a router, switch or other appliance. Check out this website to get familiar with those blinking lights in your technology closet.
- Review your daily and weekly reports: We provide reporting on virus patches, server patches, backup status and Internet connectivity scans.
- Educate your employees: Humans are the #1 threat to network security. Your employee handbook should include acceptable internet use policies. We help with that.
If our core IT point-of-view makes sense, call us for a detailed consult!