Our Internet Security Layers
Internet security is like home security. Keep all the doors and windows locked to prevent intrusion from the outside and also don’t open a door for anyone who knocks.
We operate our own data center. Operating many devices and having multiple Internet connections, we have a large “surface area” of attack. Our Internet security package is based on multiple layers. For security, we won’t go into detail. Ask about this in person. Here is an overview.
Secure VPN connections to our customers for voice and data traffic
We started using encrypted voice back in 2004 before anyone else. Now, it’s a VoIP requirement for many industries.
Two Internet Edge Devices
- Voice optimized firewall locked down by access control to get Infotel Systems. This keeps the doors locked.
- Security optimized layer 7 security firewall to filter content, applications and risky human activity. This prevents your staff from opening a door to the outside.
- Physical separate voice and data cabling.
- Separate voice and data switches.
- Logically separated VLANs from the edge router
Server and PC level security
- OS Patch Updates. Automatic for PC and possibly automatic for servers.
- Virus protection updates
- Server health monitoring
Multiple copy and version backup
- You need to be able to go back 60 days.
- Maintain multiple versions using a 3-2-1 method
- Our company and techs are all https://www.dcjs.virginia.gov class trained, certified and fingerprinted. Our DCJS # is 11-5961.
- We provide simulated Phishing Attacks (and education) to our customers
- We install Security Cameras and can archive footage offsite if desired