DEMARC Email Security Protects Your Brand
Your customer Bob just received a strange email from you!
Bob calls you. You explain one of three things.
- Yes. You did it.
- Your PC apparently got a virus and sent an email to Bob.
- You have been on vacation, your computer has been turned off. There is no way you sent Bob an email. Thus, your email address was spoofed from an invalid source.
Demarc prevents others from spoofing your email domain
Establishing a proper DEMARC record on your domain guards against email spoofed from a unauthorized source imposing as YOU! It’s a thing your IT guys does with your domain register such as Godaddy. The setting tells receivers of emails with your domain how to run a valid security check.
- None = do nothing but tell someone that it happened such as the DEMARC report collection service we use
- Quarantine = send the email to a spam folder
- Reject = reject the email.
In short, DEMARC protects your email brand. Take this test. You will find our record and that of many respected companies are “all green”
Many IT consultants don’t establish Demarc records for themselves nor for their customers
First lookup at our fully secure and properly setup (aggressive setting of reject) Demarc record. We use a popular industry tool not at all connected with our Infotel Systems.
infotelsystems.com gets all green check marks.
So do the “FANG” technology companies facebook.com, amazon.com, apple.com, netlfix.com, microsoft.com, google.com. So do the popular email domains yahoo.com and aol.com.
gmail.com and hotmail.com have not yet adopted.
Other DEMARC information resources
Other security measures we take