Romp n’ Roll Franchise Telecommunications Guide – updated 12-12-2017
***Stage one – virtual phone system***
1) Provide to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- your name.
- a complete street address of your new building.
- expected opening day.
- your cell phone number.
- your email address.
2) Infotel establishes your virtual service
- We provide a local voice number and establishes voice services that:
- fwds calls to your cell phone during business hours.
- takes a message after 5pm and forwards to your email as a wav file.
- is text-enabled to accept text messages and allow you to send texts to one or many customers.
- provides you www.cellgateway.com
3) Now go market yourself and your new telephone number as soon as possible!
***Stage two – physical phones complete the system***
4) You advise us when the building has power and is secure.
5) We order mid-grade Internet service.
6.1) You decide on the # of phones you require of the “SIP 27 Mono Display”
7) You will need standard 568B CAT5 data jacks for each “SIP 27” phone that:
- is installed by a local contractor you hire.
- provides a jack at each phone location. These are usually two phones at the reception desk. Possibly a third phone in a manager’s office.
- runs back to a small 12 port vertical CAT5 patch panel located next to the Internet router.
- See the red section in the diagram below.
We suggest you run a 2nd cable for data such as a PC or printer. Wired connections are far more reliable than wifi and thus more cost effective in the long run.
8) We ship you a pre-configured VoIP phone system that consist of:
- a router that you plug in to your Internet device.
- phones that plug into:
- the wall jack of the data cabling as described in item 7.
- an AC outlet for power.
9) If the telephone system fails to “plug and play”, you must be able to:
- connect a laptop to your network and surf the Internet.
- establish a Skype session from your cell phone.